Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Getting Your Visitors to Dig Deeper

I am not a web designer by any means. I can do some basic stuff on my own but at the end of the day things like scripting and GUI I have to outsource. It really is a better use of my time. I am a marketer, that is primary goal in life. To help others market their business or look at things in a different light.

Recently in a discussion with a Cincinnati used car dealership I spoke with them about their conversion problems on their website. One thing that was happening was that there was auto played audio on the home page. This had to increase their bounce rate. Sure enough after they turned it off their lead volume jumped.

Internet Marketing is not rocket science.  You just have to use effective copy writing to generate a call to action.  You do this by placing yourself in your visitors shoes and watch your conversions rise.

No comments: