Friday, June 29, 2007

Affiliate Marketing -vs- Adsense

Sorry to have been ignoring this blog for the last couple of weeks, but things have been real hectic in my life. That is not a bad thing it just helps to evaluate activities and make changes as needed.

One of the most overrated income generators online is adsense. That does not mean that adsense is a bad venue to use to generate online income, it just is not the end all be all. Which brings me to affiliate marketing.

Affiliate marketing in the traditional sense is a better way to generate revenue with websites. It puts you in complete control of your destiny. Affiliate marketing is a people business. You can actually get on the phone with affiliate managers and discuss campaigns and strategies. The thing with affiliate offers is that it requires the clicker to usually perform another action. (ie buy something, fill in a form) Granted it requires more from your visitors than just clicking an ad. Guess what happens when people click ads usually? They are taken to an affiliate offer or a site that has their own product.

The rewards for a properly positioned affiliate offer are incremently larger that adsense clicks. You receive more money for completed affiliate offers versus ad clicks, unless you are abusing the adsense system.

Currently all of my PPC arbitrage is to affiliate offers. It provides better ROI for my advertising money and allows me to be in control of how I get paid. Adsense is a viable arbitrage medium but requires alot more work and research. Plus I like my adsense income and do not wish to jeopardize that from invalid clicks. I only use adsense for organic traffic websites.

I am now gonna plug an affiliate network that is producing good income for me. Currently around a $100 a day net profit using PPC arbitrage. It could be a lot more but I need to set up more campaigns and stop doing this non income producing activity of telling everybody what I am doing. Make sure you set up an account with NeverBlueAds if you have not already their campaigns convert nicely.

2 comments:

Ajinkya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kuldeep said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.