Thursday, January 29, 2009

Technorati as a SEO tool?

Recently I have been helping a friend of mine on a couple of projects and have been optimizing some blogs in the different search aggregation services like Technorati.com and notice that my blog about Automotive SEO has lost all of its technorati authority.

This is really puzzling because it has has over 100 blog reactions, but I have noticed that the service seems to be going through some pains as of late.  It shows my last three post as being added three days ago and they finally have the right preview image up after over a year of waiting.

Hopefully it is an algorithm change they are going through and things will pick back up over time.  Technorati is almost wikipediaish but it just really puzzles me that this has happened.  I just hope that it does not hurt my site long term.



No comments: